I made this Advent Wreath to pair with Slow + Sacred Advent, which is a main part of this year’s Advent celebrations for our family.
- Wood slice (anywhere from 9″-11″ diameter)
- Beeswax candles (kit to roll your own)
- 1-inch spade drill bit
- Oven-bake clay
- Circle cutters
- Needle and string
- Natural + festive materials:
- Dried orange slices (how-to below)
- Pine needles
Note: most of these are kid-friendly steps! It’s was a fun project to sit and do together.
1. Drill 4 grooves into your wood slice using a 1-inch spade drill bit.
2. Roll 4 beeswax candles & place in the grooves.
3. Create oven-bake clay circles and carve the symbols from Slow + Sacred Advent into them (seed, star, scepter, heart). When dry, paint or color in grooves.
We use these biscuit cutters all the time for clay and salt dough projects.
4. Air-pop some popcorn (do not use butter!) and string with cranberries in a pattern using needle + thread.
5. Make some dried orange slices:
- Preheat oven to 250 F
- Slice oranges about 1cm think
- Lay flat on a rack over a cookie sheet
- Bake 2-3 hours until dry, flipping a few times.
- You can string these for festive garlands as well.
One thought on “DIY Advent Wreath”